CALL FOR EDITORS FOR THE 2016-17 EDITION
Deadline for applications: January 5, 2017, at 11:59 PM
Please note that no late applications will be considered.
The Attaché Journal of International Affairs, affiliated with the University of Toronto International Relations Society, is excited to announce the start of the 2016-17 publication cycle. This upcoming year will mark the 18th year of the Attaché’s publications. Past contributors and editors have gone on to study at the world’s best schools for graduate studies in International Affairs.
Are you interested in getting involved with the Attaché, either by serving on the Editorial team or submitting material to this year’s issue? We want to hear from you! The Editors-in-Chief (EICs) are now accepting applications for Managing Editor, Senior Editor, Junior Editor, and Design Editor positions. Please find the position descriptions below.
Managing Editors will:
- Set tasks and deadlines for the Editorial Board, in consultation with the EICs
- Assist EICs in applying for additional funding, selecting successful papers, and overseeing design work
- Organize logistics involving Journal events, printing, etc.
- Solicit submissions from the university community
- Be in their 3rd year of study or above
- *Please note that interviews for Managing Editor positions will be held on January 7, 8, and 9, 2017.
Senior Editors will:
- Evaluate submissions submitted to the Attaché
- Edit papers selected for final inclusion
- Provide input on the thematic direction of the Journal
- Be in their 2nd year of study or above
Junior Editors will:
- Work with the Senior Editors on the scoring and editing processes that precede publication
Design Editors will:
- Design any graphics appearing in the final issue
- Shape the format and style of the Journal, in consultation with the EIC’s
- Evaluate any photographic submissions (if applicable)
- *Please be aware that we expect a template completed by March 2017
It is expected that a student occupying any of the above positions will actively promote the Journal to the university community. Please note the expected time commitment for each position will range between 2-4 hours a week, depending on the editor's ability and time of year. The majority of the work will be done in late March 2017, however, editors are expected to review submissions on a regular basis.
How to apply
For Managing, Senior, and Design Editors:
If any of these positions interest you, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a 200 word statement outlining why you would like to be involved with the Attaché and any previous academic journal experience in the body of the email. You must also attach a Resume/CV of no more than 2 pages. For the Design Editor Positions, please submit a copy of your work that you feel best showcases your abilities.
FOR MANAGING EDITORS: Please indicate 3-4 times of availability on January 7, 8, and 9, 2017, for an interview with the EICs.
For Junior Editors:
Send an email to email@example.com with your name and Resume/CV and the answers to each of the following questions Each response should be three sentences or less:
1. Why are you interested in being involved with the Attaché?
2. What experience have you had writing or editing papers or articles before (other than those you have submitted to profs)?
3. Do you have any commitments that might limit your ability to complete tasks in a timely manner in February and March?